Ella's 4th Birthday.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So, Ella's cake was AWESOME..until I drove 30 mins. in a car in 100+ degree weather :(


2 lessons learned: (1) take a picture BEFORE you attempt to transport it! (2) Don't take homemade buttercream icing out in hot hot hot weather. It melts.
Well, aside of the icing starting to slide off, there were 2 awesome towers. The yellow was the base of the castle and I made two towers out of rolled rice krispie treats that I iced with yellow and added little windows. They were topped with upside-down ice cream cones that were coated in pink icing. :( The one tower melted in half, despite the dowel, and the other would have been fine if the side of the castle hadn't crumbled in the car ride!

My sweet Ella makes me feel great about everything I do :) She loved her "Ariel Cake." ♥


Overall, I had a easy crowd to please. :) Even though the castle was in pieces, cake from scratch always taste delicious! I just need to make a icing that holds up in the heat next time!

0 comments: