I'm Blogger illiterate..

Tuesday, June 8, 2010


Hello, friends!
I am struggling to pull this page together!
Aside of that, I am also struggling for a creative name for my cake business!
Help!


I had my first official order from my friend Teresa. It was a tiered cake for her awesome daughter's 21st birthday! It was a first on many levels. I have never made a tier cake, never made any frosting other than chocolate, peanut butter, and this mixture of coolwhip and sour cream(REALLY good) so buttercream was a first..
Fondant...as pretty as it is I don't know how people eat it. I consider it blasphemous to completely cover a cake with the horrid mess. It's a shame since it looks so pretty, but I haven't met one person who actually eats it! I will only use it to make decorations and such, unless I am asked, of course! Finally when I was piecing it all together, the fondant stripes started cracking, not to mention the icing had set and they wouldn't stick! I had to paint frosting to the back of the stripes before applying them. For so many firsts I think it came out alright!

0 comments: